Lumina develops specialty artificial intelligence and data assets to serve government and institutional customers. Lumina’s strategy is based on the core ideas that: external data are of equal or greater value than internal data; specially-purposed algorithms will outperform commodity algorithms by two to three orders of magnitude; capturing the element of time across any data set adds value to that data; rapid ingestion and cleansing of data without regard to structure is necessary, difficult, and valuable; placing a person at the end of an AI-driven data cleansing process will increase that person’s productivity by two orders of magnitude; and the development of chip hardware with embedded algorithms will become increasingly important for companies working in AI.
Lumina has developed significant and unique IP assets that reside in its SaaS platform, Radiance.
Lumina is a growth-stage business based in Tampa, Florida. The company was founded by Dr. Morten Middelfart and Allan Martin (see bios below) in 2016.
Our Culture & Values
Our company commits first to honesty and integrity. Upon this foundation, we have developed a team committed to innovation, to our mission, and to excellence.
We are critical, disruptive, and creative thinkers. We identify the problems that seem impossible to solve, and we solve them.
We are motivated by the value that we offer to our customers, from saving them time and cost to saving lives.
We pursue excellence relentlessly. We do not embrace the status quo but challenge ourselves and our technologies every day.
CEO & Co-Founder
Dr. Morten Middelfart
Chief Data Scientist & Co-Founder
Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Co-Founder
Vice President Infrastructure and Technology
Vice President Software Engineering and Development
Board of Directors
- Lumina Co-Founder and Chairman of the Board
- Partner, Southern Strategy Group
- Former Florida Attorney General & Secretary of State
- Co-CEO, Turtle & Hughes
- Former Chief of Staff to Vice President-elect Dick Cheney & Florida Governor Jeb Bush
- Vice Chairman of the Board of Managers
- Managing Director at Gracie Square Capital
- Member of the Board of the National Defense University Foundation
Jeb Bush, Jr.
- Managing Partner, Jeb Bush & Associates, LLC
Dr. Morten Middelfart
- Chief Data Scientist & Co-Founder
- Chairman of the Advisory Board
- Chairman & CEO, Dominion Financial Group
The Honorable Governor Jeb Bush
- Co-Founder & Chairman of Dock Square Capital
- Served two terms as the 43rd Governor of Florida
The Honorable Secretary Michael Chertoff
- Executive Chairman & Co-Founder of The Chertoff Group
- Former Secretary, US Department of Homeland Security
Dr. Kathleen Kiernan
- Founder and CEO, KGH
- Former Assistant Director for the Office of Strategic Intelligence and Information for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
The Honorable Charles Allen
- Principal at The Chertoff Group
- Former Assistant Director of Central Intelligence for Collection